Healthy people are happier, more engaged and more productive.
OUR NEXT COURSE
Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
8th – 9th July 2019
Platform, New Station Street, Leeds LS1 4JB
£275 + VAT
Employers across the UK are acting now to support the wellbeing of their people and create mentally healthy businesses. We can support you in identifying and delivering the most appropriate level of training required for your business with qualified trainers and supporting your ongoing strategy.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
The course is run through a mix of interactive group activities, presentations and discussion, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. The one day builds on the ½ day key principles whilst empowering MHFA champions with…
- An understanding of common mental health issues
- Knowledge and confidence to support for mental health awareness
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
A mix of interactive group activities, presentations and discussion, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan, empowering MHFA First Aiders with…
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
Whilst it is important to have qualified Mental Health At Work First Aiders in every workplace, it isn’t necessary to train every employee to this level.
We provide tailor made packages to suit individual businesses to assist raising mental health awareness and supporting well being for all employees. Based on the preliminary discussion, these could comprise of an introduction to mental health; support for well being; a choice of workshops, concluding with a session covering mental health and self care.
This can include tailor made goody bags to take away examples of which would include, chocolates, candles, toiletries.
Prices vary depending upon delegate numbers, variety of workshops.